Tuesday 21 June 2011

My First Blog!

I really can't believe I'm doing this -
A couple of months ago, I decided that after being a library assistant for over 20 years, that I would like to work towards my CILIP certification so that I could look back in retirement at my career and know that I had finally gained a worthwhile qualification and a sense of achievement in doing so.
Of course, one thing leads to another, and I heard about "23cpd" - perfect timing for  working on my portfolio, as reflective writing figures strongly among the new skills I will need to acquire, and I must say, I'm really enjoying the journey!
I'm looking forward to having a go at some public speaking, gaining experience at training people to use the internet for the first time, and getting to grips with some new library technologies. This is what I so love about working in a library. New opportunities are constantly opening up, and it all helps to promote this amazing free service available to all. And now, here I am, about to post my first blog, so here goes....

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! Good luck with CILIP certification.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dot

    I've just submitted my CILIP chartership portfolio, so know the challenges of reflective writing. The good news is that I found my blog really helpful in demonstrating reflection. Good luck with the certification!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dot
    I'm in a very similar position myself so can empathise.
    Good luck,
    Angie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope this helps with your certification. I completed my chartership last year and it was an brilliant opportunity to look back at what I'd achieved and reflect on the experiences I had. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete